Book Review: The Perks of Being a Wall Flower
After taking a long break in the reading department I am getting back in the swing of things and due to a long 5 hr hospital lab “test/procedure” I was able to finish this book and get through 2/3 of another.
The perks of being a wallflower is one of those books that has forever been on my “to read” list and I finally got to it. Though to be honest I don’t know how to feel about it.
The novel, written in letter format, is set in the early 90’s (a few years before I myself started high school) and it follows the life of a young freshman and his group of friends.
The narrator claims that all the events in the book/letters happened, but that all the names have been changed. The narrator suffers depression and is a talented writer; The reader pretty much follows him through the ups and downs of his freshman year.
There are things I love about the book, being a 90’s teen myself I can relate to the music, the clothing, the feelings and many of the things the author was in to. I suppose we can all also relate to that feeling of being, or wanting to be “infinite,” yet often feeling trapped, subpar and confused.
The reason I say I am still figuring out if I liked it or not is that somehow it seems unfinished, plain, sad, and somewhat uneventful and perhaps even disappointing. Yet perhaps that is the very point of this book as that can often be the case in life and it was many times the point of Charlie’s life. Perhaps I have missed the point completely? Oh well, read it and let me know…..
Until Next Time…
These days the only attire that feels good and comfy are dresses….or yoga pants….I need to find some that can handle my growing belly but can be used post baby bump….on a mission
how to set a table.
I added 4 colors to my Inglot Shadow collection a few weeks back but never really shared. I think they are all beautiful….I am going to be a horrible blogger and not share the numeric “names” of this shadows, mainly because they have all gone into their new trio palette homes and I am the worst at taking them out carefully. However if you must know them, feel free to ask and I will share.
Clarisonic Mia: Deep Pore Cleansing Brush Head Review
The Product: A single Clarisonic Mia brush head replacement can cost you between $25-$27, pending retailer. Double packs are $50. They can be found in any Ulta or Sephora, as well as online. Brushes should be replaced every three months.
The Pros: Considering the length that this product can be used and the durability of it I think they price is great, specially if you are getting a true use of your clarisonic and using every day, if not twice a day. For a deep pore cleanser the brush bristles are decently soft. I expect these to be intensely hard bristles and that was not the case. After using this particular brush head by face feels truly clean and I can see the difference in the “deep” cleanse when compared to the other brushes. [Keep in mind I have oily skin and I am a long time suffer of enlarged pores] Also when I use this brush once to twice a week I feel that there is less oil production through out the week.
The Cons: Though this brush states that it can be used every day, it should not!!! The first two weeks I used it every day like my old brush head and it completely dried out my chin, and parts of my cheeks. It was flaky, tight and just gross. I had to stop using my brush head for almost 3 weeks until my skin fully healed. I have heard of other people that have had the same issue with this brush. This is not for sensitive skin types and pending on your skin I think you should be cautious of how often you use it. I think the brush might work best when and if you use it once or twice a week, therefore having an alternative brush will be necessary. Which raises the question; Should it still be replaced after three months, or can it last longer? At this point I am getting a four time use in one month over a 31 day use…so I wonder if I store it well in between uses can I get away with replacing it every 6 months or even every year?
The Bottom Line: Great brush, does the job, makes your face feel clean but not to be used daily as recommended. Listen to your skin when considering frequency in use. Despite it working well though, considering what it did to my skin thus wont be able to get trues use out of it….I will not be purchasing this particular brush head again.
Until Next Time…
MMMM….coffee…I don’t care what anyone says decaf doesn’t taste the same….le sigh [Picture found here]
Eyes (smog) cheeks (1st one from the left) lips (happy days) #FOTD #makeup #beauty #inglot #urbandecay # NARS
I know they are suppose to be hearts but when I saw these I thought the same thing everyone else did … Such cute little booty brushes lol
Weekend Wish List No 70…the band wagon that wasn’t edition…
These items are all popular items I have wanted to try but just haven’t gotten around to yet….
1.Moroccan Oil: I have tried many hair oils, many of which have made me very very happy, but the more I keep seeing this around the more I wonder, “Why haven’t I bought this yet?”
2. NARS Primer: Never in stock…and I mean never….at my local counters and you know how I feel about buying stuff on line I can “easily” buy in stores, [minus the shipping cost, plus the instant gratification]…Gosh am a Masochist I guess…
3. Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation: Getting this has been a challenge. To be honest after some interesting experiences I don’t trust the Sephora girls to properly match me, and every time I go and try to match myself I get pounced on by all these ladies in black trying to help me. Resistance is futile. A+ on customer services but just leave me alone women!!!
4. Bioderma: Gosh I just cant find the right size, for the right price, accompanied by a decent shipping cost online. You know certain sellers will milk you for every penny for a popular product…so I search Amazon for this baby on the regular.
5. Beauty Blender: This little dude is $20, I have no excuses….am just being lazy now…
Goodness, I feel like I have not purchased, blogged, kept up with or even thought of M-U much these past few months. Shocking I know…but I been busy looking at onesies, booties and learning all about “what different baby crying cues” mean. I’ll spare you the details which are only interesting to me, :D
For April we have….
1. Ouidad: Since my hair has had a full on Ouidad regimine [ Shampoo, brush, Conditioner, Styling products, the works] My hair has been much better and I have gotten so many compliments. I have even worn the curls down!!! Say What??!! Sadly, I ran out of just about everything last week and I need to go get more because just one week of not using this stuff and I can see and feel the difference.
2. Covergirl Lipperfection: Is it just me or does anyone else have the overwhelming desire of owning every chunky roll up lip product by every brand ever made?
3. Smashbox Be Discovered Palette: This was gifted to me by my sister-in-law. I think this palette has been out for a while but its new to me and I like the colors, some light neutrals and pastels, perfect for Spring and fast approaching summer!
4. EOS with SPF: I like that I found a lovely citrus smelling EOS & that it has SPF. Though EOS is not my favorite balm of all times, it is up there, specifically where drug store balms are involved.
For item 5, sorry but I had to include a pregnancy favorite….so many vitamins to take and I am so glad my new doctor turned me on to mostly chewy vitamins. These calcium supplements taste like tootsie rolls and they make “pill popping” so much easier.
Until Next Time…[ which hopefully wont take weeks]
A simple quick #FOTD for a busy work day… #beauty #makeup
Here’s a list of the 200+ books Rory mentions throughout all seven seasons of the show.
MAC Eye Makeup remover
This tiny bottle of MAC eye makeup remover was $10, full size is a bit over $25 I believe. I am sad to report it sucks….It does good against regular old eye shadow…its the mascara it has a harder time tackling. A girl needs her long lasting mascara….
So…thumbs done…am not even done with the whole thing and am over it!