No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
I am finally back this month with a favorites post which include both new purchases and rediscoveries from my current stash. Here we have…
1. Essie’s Twin Sweater Set, I am a sucker for red polish
2. My Real Techniques brushes
3. Sephora + Pantone’s Quad, I have been using this a lot this past month and creating all kinds of looks, as well as recreating one particular favorite over and over again…
4. e.l.f’s eyebrow kit, I won’t lie, I usually just let me eyebrows do as they wish but I have been making more of an effort and this simple $3 eyebrow kit has been helping a lot!!!
5. Revlon’s new Just Bitten color burst, who doesn’t love Revlon lip colors, specially these?!
Happy first day of December!!! I celebrate my excitement by bringing you my 2013 Christmas Wish List
- Madewell denim jacket
- Coach’s Saffiano Day bag….crossbody handbags
- Madden Girl ankle booties Because one day I will have boots that fit that are not from the little children section, curse my Cinderella feet!!!
- A name necklace, because we Latin girls have been wearing them since before Carrie made them famous and I haven’t had one since I was a little girl. However, I want one with my daughter’s name on it :D
- True Blood Season 3 to continue my collection
- Naked3 because I love pinks, hello!
What’s on your list?
New by Revlon
I have been meaning to pick up more than a few NEW items by my favorite drugstore brand, Revlon…and while picking up Vitamins for my Little Baby A at CVS I was able to do just that.
First I got one of the new scented polishes in the scent and color Bordeaux…I saw a swatch on the BeautyBroadcast YouTube Channel and I knew I had to have it.
I also grabbed two of the new Color Burst, one in each formula; Coquette in the Lacquer Balm and Unapologetic in the Matte Balm. I only grabbed one of each to test if I like them [ who am I kidding I want them all?] and also because CVS marks up makeup way too much. Next trip to Target and I am stacking up on these puppies before they are all gone.
Until Next Time…
Citrus Lane: A Subscription Box for Baby
After trying my share of subscription boxes I thought it would be amazing to try one that was specially designed for baby. After receiving my first box for free I decided to sign up for Citrus Lane, a $25 box that arrives monthly and is filled with products specially selected for your baby and their age group. Age groups go from 1 month to 5 years of age.
Here are the goodies that baby A got for her first month.
- A bath time Odd Ducks Duckie
- Mommys Bliss Gripe water which helps with colic and baby gas
- A soft Teething flower toy
- A wood elephant shaped rattle
I have to say that the Elephant was my favorite, specially since we finally decided that we will be having an Elephant Themed Nursery. We haven’t gotten around to converting the guest room into her room yet mainly because we plan to keep her in our room until she is 12-18 months old.
My thoughts on the box:
- The box is worth the price
- Once shipped it arrives super fast
- Love the exposure to new brands
- I will need to wait a month or two more to see if I think the products sent are actually curated accordingly for the month and age. A) Baby is not old enough to use the teething toy or bath toy yet. B) She is enjoying the rattle, or rather I am enjoying playing with her using the rattle C) The gripe water seems like its perfect for this time and the best selected product for her age. A still developing digestive system does cause a lot of discomfort at this age, we are also hoping she wont be the in the 20% of babies that get colic but before I use it I want to consult my Ped.
All in all I am excited to continue this subscription!
Until Next Time…
- Hunter boots: I can never bring myself to make the investment as it hardly ever rains in L.A but as I like to be whimsical and wear rain boots when there is even 1% chance of precipitation maybe I should buy them this year!
- Evening handbag: Something about wristlets and clutches simply yells fall to me…and the super chic Whistles wristlets make me swoon.
- Heart Shaped Umbrella: Again it hardly rains but I like to have a cute umbrella prepared just in case I get lucky.
- Yves Saint Laurent lip stain: Something about the holidays drives me to wear red in the nails and the lips and this little cute YSL gloss seems perfect for the season.
- Doublju cardigan : I love cardigans more than any outerwear and I buy at least 5 new ones each year. Its about that time of year when I should stock up
A bit late but finishing off 15 Days of Cheek Products with days 14 & 15. Here we have two Inglot products. Inglot is a brand that is way more economical than it probably should be, you get great colors, a decent amount of product for extremely cheap. The best part is that you get to customize your own palettes with their Freedom system AND the gals at the counter are always friendly but will let you do your own thing 100% of the time. That’s my kind of shopping; help me kindly if I need you, be gone if I don’t. Am I right?